Wonderful Customer Service...

Customer Service....
thats one area where I should be actually speaking about since
I am in the key services as in Banking...to deliver good customer service...
Well..there is a huge difference in good and excellent customer service...
A customer is delighted if his experience with you exceeds his expectations...
As a banker we offer more than just a face of the bank
as a teller in the window...or a customer query officer...
We can and are the human face of the name that we work for...
Many faceless and nameless people who work behind the scenes are also
the clogwheels of the bank...
but are also the essential chain links for work to go on...
Hmm...but here am not to talk about my role in customer service...
Actually about a delightful experience I had recently with a shop
called ironically "Delight Foods"...
which made me delighted in many ways...
and invariably makes me return week on week to the same shop...
not because of the proximity of the shop to my home or anything ...
It's because of the excellent customer first attitude of the supervisor there...
Well..it's just a Non-Veg shop where we buy our weekly fish and chicken...
and even though there are many shops in Madipakkam offering the same things...
I still shop here...cos Srini the manager makes me
feel as I am the most important visitor to his shop...
Yesterday he gave me a call and said mam,fresh salmon fish has come,
please come and  buy it..I have specially kept it for you....
I was in deep tension at that time and snapped at him on the phone...
and said if I needed it..I will come anyways...
But in the evening..I went there...cos he had made the effort to call me and
follow up with the latest fish status...and made me come back to his shop......
I landed up there.....
and made some purchases...and thanked Srini for the wonderful fish...
and Just when I was leaving...
"Mam...You have a wonderful day...!!"
This actually caught me unawares......
cos I never expected him to wish me...
I was dead tired from office..and was aching to the bone
in this rainy weather...
but his smile and wish to have a wonderful day...
made me smile and I felt warm and happy...and left Delight smiling......
He is a small person with maybe not much education like me
or anyone for that matter...
But the very fact he is able to smile and wish you a wonderful day...
makes me wonder why we all can't be more like that???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Nethra..here's wat she thinks...of my blog!!!

From Friends...or Family...Continued....

Am.............Back!!!