Why I love Chennai


Chennai......Our Singara Chennai....
oooooh....I really drool for my city...
Given a chance I would really die here in Chennai itself...
You see I was born in Chennai in Military Hospital in Nandambakam,
and since that day I have been returning here for some reason or other.......
We have it all the culture,the IT Corridor,the BPO'S ...
and mostly the youngsters..who make chennai a Hot and Happening...Place...
I have lived in Chennai since 96 and since then
I have grown from a schoolgirl to college rowdy and
then a polished Dentist.....and now...
a Banker...

My Chennai has given me all...
The Countless Coffee Day's ....the Marina Beach trips...
the Vadapalani Temple.....Inox,Spencers......
I have been there...seen it all...
Who can forget Citi Center...my weekend hangout...where me
and mom had uncountable sandwiches and KFC'S....
I love the feeling of family and togetherness....that I get here....
I have seen many cities of the world...but Never had the feel of Home...

Chennai kinda grows on you...the dusty roads,
the MTC buses,which are kinda souped up now that they are Volvo's
and the AC Volvo's mmm...make the bus rides worthwhile.
the silly auto wala not agreeing to bargain....
the police mama stopping your bike,and warning you and letting you off with a smile....
the neighbourhood chaiwala,the bus stop flower lady...
the Temples at every corner....and the bell's ringing every evening at prayer time....
Somewhere in them,you feel a kind of peace...
Aaah..this is my Chennai...
This is where I want to be....................
I feel that I always belonged here...and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else......
Where else to live but...Home.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Nethra..here's wat she thinks...of my blog!!!

From Friends...or Family...Continued....

Qualities of Mr Right!!! If he exists...that is..